-->

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Scrambles and Shepards Pie


I tried a few new dishes this weekend, one for breakfast and one for dinner.  Are you ready for some pretty delicious recipes?

First, put on your apron :)
I've mentioned the blog Eating Bird Food before, and it is absolutely amazing!  It was there that I found the recipe for tofu scramble.  It's a vegan's version of scrambled eggs, and is quite delicious.  Find the recipe here.
Ah-maz-ing.  I really liked it, but Matt didn't fancy it too much.  He will eat just about anything, but he's not a big tofu fan.  If we would have had kale, like the recipe calls for,  it would have been a little more hearty.  Still pretty good, especially with hot sauce!

Then there was the waffles Matt made, with veggie sausage.  Don't have a recipe for those, since he put them together.  But they are one of my favorite foods, so I will be making more in the future, and surely post those recipes.





I stated on the previous post on sloppy joes that I like taking comforting meals I loved growing up and transforming them into vegan delights.  That's exactly what we did we Shepards Pie tonight.

Just saute onions and veggie crumble, add in a bag of frozen peas, carrots, and corn, and a teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce (worcester has anchovies, so steer clear!).  Then put in a pyrex or oven safe pan, top with mashed potatoes, and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or so. 
OH. MY. GOODNESS.


This is going to be a regular in our home.  And I can't wait to fix it for friends on St. Patty's!! WEE!

Enjoy the last precious moments of your weekend, and have a most wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers