-->

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes

I found this Whole Foods recipe via my favorite blog, "Eating Bird Food".

This side is a mixture of two ingredients all vegans should have in their homes - sweet potatoes and quinoa.

Gather these things...

2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup wild long grain rice, cooked
1/2 cup sliced spring onions
1/2 cup craisins (I left them out this time)
1 tbsp dried sage
1/2 tsp sea salt (always use sea salt!!)
1/2 tsp black pepper

Sauce:
2 tbsp vegan mayo
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp dill
1/4 tsp paprika

Steam sweet potato chunks, and cook quinoa and rice.








Do I smell sweet potatoes???!

Purée sweet potatoes in a standing mixer.




Add quinoa




And rice




Now you know my secret!!

Add onions and spices, then form into patties on parchment paper, and put them in a 350 F oven for 15 - 20 min.




Serve warm, room temperature or cold.









Leftovers are perfect for breakfast!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers