-->

Friday, February 18, 2011

Vegan Sloppy Joes

This is my absolute favorite meal, and I've shared it on the other blog, so please disregard if you've already seen it.

Every once and I while I crave something meaty. Sloppy Joes are a comfort food I used to indulge in growing up. We would usually have mashed potatoes and english peas as sides, and I would always clean my plate.

This recipe is a prime example of how to convert your favorite dishes to accompany your new diet.

First, set your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Then peel one medium size sweet potato for every two people.



Cut into steak fries, and then toss with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and whatever seasoning you prefer. Rosemary is also an amazing herb, and adds a sophisticated taste to a childhood favorite.



Bake about 20 minutes, or until tender or crispy. Whichever you prefer.

Then sauté one red bell pepper and green or yellow onion.

After a couple of minutes, add frozen or thawed veggie crumble and Rotel, then cover and let simmer for about 7 minutes.



Add a can of tomato paste and then fill it half with water and add it to the pan. Simmer for another 7 minutes or so.

Then it's ready! I always top one slice of whole wheat bread with the sloppy mixture to make an opened face sandwich with tomato slices.

Add a side of your favorite green, and you have a super delish meal!




Yumsies!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers