-->

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Delights!





First, a confession. Matt's been gone a week now and I tend to have weird eating habits when he's gone. Weird habits in general. I can't go to sleep until 3 AM or so (I'm usually a 9 o'clocker!), I sleep like poo, and have wacky eating schedules. For example, breakfast happens like normal, but then I skip lunch, consume an ungodly amount of chips and salsa around 4:30, and inevitably eat about two handfuls of candy. And I NEVER eat candy!!!

This results in a knotted stomach, and once I don't feel full to the brim, I consume 2-3 cups of peppermint tea to ease the discomfort.

It's depressing. And my body feels it, too, because I've felt terrible all week! Sluggish, tired, downright nasty.

So today I FINALLY received Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" in the mail, and dug right in. After reading for two hours (it is phenomenal!), I looked up and saw it was "normal" dinner time, or 6 PM in the Cole home.

Lucky for me, they actually had fresh collard greens at the commissary today! So I made steamed collards and quinoa.
Scrumptious indeed!  It took me back to the South and my childhood.  Collard greens have always been my number one favorite food, and though they are usually stocked well in the freezer section at the commissary, it is really hard to find them fresh.  Seeing those big green leaves brightened my day!

I then indulged in leftover fudge babies courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie (you must check out her blog).  Last week I brought the babies to the Zima's house for dinner, and have been munching on the remaining few this week.  Mine don't look as good as hers because I have a dinosaur of a food processor (hint hint hubby); but they still tasted pretty delicious!
Just dates, walnuts and cocoa powder!  Sugar free and to die for :)

Because I have been feeling lethargic, I decided to add a little life to the living room.  We already have a few thriving plants, but they are all green and leafy.  Which is great, they serve their purpose (ie. oxygen, energy, etc).  However, I experienced plant envy last Saturday evening at Brett's house and decided I must get some pretty little lovelies.

I just happened to find scarlet begonias (I must admit, I only bought them because it's one of my favorite Dead songs) and some kind of yellow beauty.  Can you tell I know nothing about plants?
Happy yellow flower :)
Scarlet Begonias

Right away they brightened up the room.  Gosh, I love plants!

And that is about it.  Now I'm off to read some more.  YIPPIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers