-->

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chef Chloe's Chocolate Mousse

My favorite chef is none other than Chloe Coscarelli. You may have seen this beautiful brunette dominate Cupcake Wars with all vegan delights. She kicks tail.

This is her chocolate mousse recipe I've been wanting to try for a while. And it was my favorite dish of the evening :)

First you'll need...

1/2 cup non dairy milk ( I used rice)
1 tsp Expresso powder ( enhances chocolate, but I left it out)
1 cup non dairy semi sweet chocolate chips (I use Bakers)
1 13.5 Oz can of coconut milk, chilled
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Raspberry Sauce:
2 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt

Whisk milk and Expresso in medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Or skip, and just warm milk, and whisk chocolate in until melted.












Stop here, and you have what I call "lightening ganache", the perfect topping for dairy free ice-cream!

But you want mousse, so chill this chocolate in the fridge until it's cool to the touch.

Grab chilled coconut milk from the fridge as you put the chocolate in it's place, and combine it with the powdered sugar in a standing mixer.




When it's fluffy, add the chocolate and again, whip until it looks like heaven.





Now cover and put in the fridge over night.

As for the raspberry sauce, combine raspberries, agave ad water over medium heat.




Leave over heat until warm and ooey gooey delicious!

And the finished product:




Delicioso!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers