-->

Monday, March 7, 2011

Fawaz Hummus

Today was a great day! I ran out of hummus today and decided to whip up a fresh batch.

My friend Lara Introduced me to hummus in college. It is an absolute staple in our home, and I consume my body weight in it every single day. Whether it's dipped with pita or fresh veggies, or spread as a healthy alternative to sandwich condiments, hummus is amazing!

Not only is it delicious, but it is chock full of protein. I've tried many different brands and flavors. My favorite, hands down, is Lara's Mom's hummus. And so, this is how you, too, can make Mommy Fawaz's hummus:

You'll need...
1 lemon or lime
3 cloves of garlic
2 cans of chickpeas, liquid reserved
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp Tahini






In a blender (or food processor), combine garlic and lemon juice.






Then add chickpeas, Tahini, and salt. Add reserved liquid by the teaspoon to thin it out. Process until creamy :)





I like to add a touch of paprika or chili powder to the top for a color.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers