-->

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Juicin'

Matt and I love to joke about this, implying steroid use. And really, I guess the vegan life is kind of like life on steroids. We get more vitamins than anyone else, more nutrients, and we are healthier. Is that a stretch? Well, you get my point.

Juicing is a great way to get a load of the good stuff in one simple glass.

Back in the 90's I saved up my allowance and babysitting money to buy my mom a juicer for her birthday. It was of those "I'll get to use it" gifts ;) Even then I was hooked on infomercials. But I bought it, and she never used it.

Fast forward fifteen or so years, and guess what I inherited? Mom's juicer! She shipped it to us because she never used it, and Matt and I were craving the nutritional value of fresh juice.



Whata beauty!

Well this morning I made the most delicious juice from the contents below:



I don't drink coffee, but I can imagine the rush I got from this delectable juice is comparable.




Scrumptious! I can't wait to start using spinach and broccoli :)

And if you've read "Skinny Bitch" you know that it's important to consume your fruit in the AM. What better way? The only downside I've found is cleaning the juicer. But I'm sure they've come leaps and bounds since our dinosaur.

So tomorrow morning, start the day off with a glass of juice. It's like dessert for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers