-->

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quinoa Marinara

Last night we tried a new dish. I love anything with marinara, and we should be eating more high protein foods than pasta (sigh), so I decided on Quinoa Marinara!

First I processed all ingredients for the marinara, and simmered:



Then I cooked the quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah"). You really should try it! It's great as a breakfast food, replacing grits. Also I make casseroles with it as well as stuffed bell peppers. Just look for this box, it's usually in the organic section:



So versatile and so darn scrumptious!

Then I sautéed orange and red peppers with some capers, later combining them with the quinoa.



And when all the eyes of the stove are preoccupied, how does one steam broccoli? Like this, of course:



Add a tablespoon of water to chopped broccoli, with a few sprinkles of Mrs. Dash. Then cover and microwave for five minutes.

And of of course we must have a glass of German wine with our meal.



And then...



TADA! A delicious protein and nutrient rich vegan meal for two :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers