-->

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Book and Some Grub



If you frequent this blog, or personally know me, you are probably aware of my obsession with books. More specifically, books on health and veganism. Well folks, I found another one. And of ALL places, it happened to be on a shelf in the BX (base exchange).


First I see this cutie, combined with "beauty" and I'm like, "Huh, what is this about?".  Then the stamp of approval - Dr. Oz.  Anything that Turkish Delight of a health wiz recommends might as well be part of the Holy Grail.  So yes, I pick it up and start thumbing through.  Five pages in I decided to take it home, or I'd be at the bookstore all day.

Kimberly breaks down how to eat foods (for example, only eat fruit on an empty stomach), and how to optimize your overall health, as well as outward beauty.  Fantastic!

I've also been trying new dishes, as of late.  Adding nuts to my diet has been high on the list.  I want to make sure I'm getting enough protein!  So I picked up some almond and sunflower seed butters at the commissary.  Mid-morning I either eat oats or a wholewheat english muffin with a nut butter and fruit preserves.

PB& J for adults!

And Matt LOVES cous cous.  We both do, really, and it has been a while since we've had it.  So last night we made garlic cous cous with roasted cumin sweet potato chunks.
Oh.  My.  Gosh. 

And my good friend, Melanie, sent us an all vegan package, include udon (DROOL!), teas, and miso soup. 

I honestly have the GREATEST friends in the entire world.  Thanks Mel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers